Monday, November 24, 2014

Poor Wayfaring Sisters of Grief

I didnt know Ashley got married!

Hahahaha. Just kidding. She looks fabulous as always, even better than normal with the temple there in the background! Also tell Ash congrats on FINALLY passing nursing school (and Sister Burk!) it looks like all she needed was to get married? I think thats like a life principle??
Today my compy and I had a little talk about what we would tell our families this week. It went a little something like this-

S. Hauet - "What on EARTH are we going to say?"
Me - "I was thinking along the lines of that expression 'if you don´t have anything nice to say don´t say anything at all. Where does it say that? In the white handbook?'"
S. Hauet - "No...."
But the principle still stands. I will just pass on some wisdom I learned this weekend in our "poor wayfaring sisters of grief" moments.
Elder Orson F. Whitney wrote: “No pain that we suffer, no trial that we experience is wasted... all that we suffer and all that we endure... builds up our characters, purifies our hearts, expands our souls, and makes us more tender and charitable, more worthy to be called the children of God."
We had a lot of- "Father, WHY?" moments this week, and I just decided that when you think you´ve been stretched enough, thats when you get stretched further. Dont think the refiners fire is ever over. Because that´s why we are here. That´s what we have to gain.
We are never alone.
I know that more than ever after this week.
I love you and miss you all more than you can IMAGINE,

Sister Haley K. Mills

Zone Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment