Monday, November 3, 2014

Rain, Rain, it´s another day so...

Come again?
Im not kidding it is so blasting hot. And humid. And NOT RAINING! Everyone has starting saying that God is punishing them for forgetting him. It´s so bad people are stealing water trucks and beating up the drivers? Im pretty sure our zone leaders and district leader were without water for a whole week. We could smell them from here. Kidding. Sort of.
So my companion was sick this week as she has been recovering from pneumonia? Its fine. So I got my second hospital trip this week and in place of telling you about all our miracles, which probably would be WAY more boring but WAY more spiritual for you- im going to pull a standard Sister Mills and just tell you about the craziest day as of yet in Brasil.
So we get on the bus and a man literally SCREAMS OUT- SIT HERE DONA! (Dona is like a super respectful title). He has a TON of stuff with him and the bus is CRAMMED FULL. Like old people with canes are standing up. So I try to decline super awkwardly and he like pushes me into this seat. THEN all the other men are looking at Sister Hauet like.... worth it to give up my seat or...?

So finally someone decides to give her their seat. So Im talking with the woman next to me and she tells me she recently didnt graduate college because she failed by one point in english. So Im like- i can TOTALLY help you with that. Speaking english is one thing ive GOT. So I tell her all about the Book of Mormon and actually never help her at all with english...? BUT she decides to help us find the hospital seeing as we had never been there and Sorocaba is HUGE.

She is waiting to get off with us at the next stop and I start to talk to a group of young men. She looks right at me and says "SHYRUP!" So after like 5 minutes I determine she was either saying "syrup" or "shut up" so I go with the latter and stay quiet. After we get off she tells us that those young men are in rehab for drugs (there were like 15 of them) and that if they knew I was American she doesnt know what would happen. She just had a bad feeling about it. So I told her I would TOTALLY vouch for her to pass her english class seeing as she saved us. In ENGLISH.
Then she paid for our next bus! Which was a huge blessing because me and my companion literally didnt have enough money. We were planning on trying to find a bank or ask a member for a ride or something, but we were literally 6 reais short. We said a prayer before we left that everything would work out. BLESSINGS. Also, I dont even want to get into the fact that we left the house without having enough money to return. HAHAHA. In real life... NEVER.

So then we actually make it to the hospital where they dont want to let me into the x-ray and exam room because im not family? Sooo we explain the sitch to a sweet little woman who works there. She gives me permission but says if they try to kick me out say that Sister Hauet doesnt speak Portuguese. So we spend the rest of the day like half chatting in english to through them off our tail.
The best part was the doctor who said- I am fluent in english! Then proceeds to tell us he was in "Aranha" last week. Only after the conversation we understand that "Aranha" is ATLANTA! We die.
Oh THEN the next bus we entered gave us a free bus ride... sooo... God works in mysterious ways. Seriously, never have I felt so blessed as I did this week when God found a way to take care of us. I know we are here on his errand and I know he loves us (me a little more... you know?).
Te amo,
Saudades,
Sister Haley Mills

PS Happy one year and 4 months to MEEEE. And the 16th I´ll have only one month left.

PPS STOP TRYING TO MAKE ME TRUNKY!
PPPS IM SERIOUS!!!!

Sister Mills with her last companion Sister Conley at the Campinas Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment