Monday, November 10, 2014

The LAST transfer

So as it turns out the closer you get to going home the less you want to. And the more. Profound isn't it?

But really.

I'm dying over here. We got a call Saturday night from the office and Elder McArthur (I'm gonna kill him) starts by telling me I'm being emergency transferred. 3 days before transfers. "Sister, Ă© seguinte, vamos ter um transferĂȘncia emergĂȘncia..... JUST KIDDING!" Then my district leader (him as well) comes on the line and says I'm being transferred back to Alphaville. 

After 2 days of jokes, we finally we learned that Sister Hauet and I will die here (end their mission time) together! CAN YOU SAY TRUNKY? (aka we started packing our bags today) This transfer is only 5 weeks, and we keep saying things like... "Quando nos voltarmos..." (when we go home) And we have been super stressed out about finding things to bring home. Everything here is imported from the US... ironic? I'll keep you posted.

In other news we had 10 INVESTIGATORS AT CHURCH! And we were put in the weekly mission newsletter? It's fine. we´ll just die on fire. (But really, the showers here have electrical cords that heat up the water and today I almost got electrocuted aaaand it started a baby fire? So I RUN out of the bathroom screaming and my companion and I end up having a heart to heart about dying on our missions? THEN we forgot about the shower til just now- so don't you worry your pretty little minds, we´ll maybe talk to someone about it, and they´ll maybe do something about it?) But back to the point! The secret we found this last week... ONLY TEACH PEOPLE on the rua da igreja (street of the church) ANNND they have to be young men who have crushes on you. THEN you invite them to be baptized and they actually LOVE church and start reading the Book of Mormon.... that really happened.

In other news our favorite investigator "Cesar" accepted to be baptized this next Saturday (alone because his mom is struggling to stop smoking). And he says this, (obviously translated from Portuguese) "I will, but I need to confirm with God." Ahh how much we love him. He is always putting his life in God´s hands. I think sometimes we forget to do that. We forget to say - God permitting. We forget to ask God. One thing Ive learned is that God has a plan for all of us. And like that Mormon message from Elder Bednar, (https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2012-01-012-patterns-of-light-spirit-of-revelation?category=mormon-messages-2012&lang=eng) he just gives you enough for the next step. What does that mean? That you have to ask again after you took that step. That is, if you want to stay on the right path!

Te amo,
God be with you til we meet again!
Sister Haley Mills
 
Sisters Hauet and Mills
 

No comments:

Post a Comment