Monday, July 28, 2014

We´re happy free confused and lonely in the best way...

So this week... hmmm.

The only thing I can think of to describe it is a Taylor Swift song. Because it was just that ridiculous. It started with exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders, which turned into DRAMA Ive never beheld in my life. I think I said- Are we in high school? Like 3000 times this week. Its pretty sad when everyone forgets their purpose here right? Normally I dont share this kind of stuff with you guys, but I was thinking the other day- how often do we gloss right over the hard part of being a missionary for our families and friends? And you are all over there thinking- wow, the work of salvation is so easy for them?! The truth is- its not. And its not for you either. But does that mean we desist? NO. We regroup, and have 4 baptisms. WOOOO. A FAMILY! I dont know if any of you knew about this but that has been my mission goal forever. Baptizing a family. And yesterday it happened!

About 2 months ago we were on the ônibus and I was talking to this man. I invited him really quick to come to church with us on Sunday and also shared a little bit about how we have a Prophet that lives and guides us, the same as in the Bible. If God is the same yesterday, today, and forever- why don't we have a prophet today?! WE DO! So I share that little bit bem rápidinho and he is like- yeah Ill go to church and bring my wife (but really girlfriend- because they weren't married). 

So everyone always says yes here and then never comes BUTTT lo and behold, during the week we are walking home and I hear someone yell MILLSSS! - I didn't forget- Sunday at 9! Then I whisper to my companion- do you know him? HAHA. And she is like- he said YOUR name. SHOOT. We talk to so many people! Everyone always remembers the American and I NEVER remember them its awful! So he goes- did you forget about me?! Im like... NOOO! You just look different? Did you get a hair cut? HAHA Smooooth right? 

So they show up to church that Sunday (before us even) and we give them a little tour, and we had another couple there too so the whole ward was like THRILLED. Wellllll then they invite us to a barbeque at their house.... like 3 feet out of our area! NOOOO! They live in the elders area!!!! So we call President and ask if we can go! He starts singing to me- IF YOU DON'T KNOW ME BY NOWWWW YOU WILL NEVER EVER EVER KNOW MEEEE. And I go... so yes? And he answers NO! Hahaha.

So we send the Elders and they don't want to go because it is practically our area and super far for them. I remember Elder Braga- waittt they went to church? Did they like it? Like will they get baptized? hahaha. And they aren't married?! Sister what kind of referal is this?! So the elders go- and they ask to be baptized. They throw away all their coffee at the end of the Word of Wisdom lesson, and they agree to get married!

We put on a wedding on Saturday in our building and baptized them and their two daughters and oh was it the coolest thing in the world. Literally 2 entire wards came and they are going to be a huge part of the church forever. All because of a simple invite. 

So that was my week. I love you and miss you!

Amor e saudades,
Sister Haley Mills
 
Making contacts in the street

Elder Noleto (he baptized Simoni!) Melisa, Simoni, Mariana, Kleiton, ME AND SISTER SARES
 

No comments:

Post a Comment