Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Brasil... 7......Wait? What?

It's so great to hear the Gilbert temple is big, we know our family needs somewhere to get married. We started outgrowing Mesa with Connie! Andrew was just the kicker. I'm looking forward to doing sessions there. In English. 

Oooosh. Brasil... we don't talk about that game. We got permission to watch from our new president if we weren't being transferred (literally the whole mission was BUT our zone) We start watching it and I'm like... okay this is why Americans hate this game. no one is getting points! THEN.... 1,2,3,4,5,6... HAHAHA. And my companion started crying after the 6th goal. She was like I'm going to have to root for Argentina. THEY ARE CONCEDED! AND I WILL HAVE TO ROOT FOR THEMMM! So then we leave our ward mission leaders house and people start screaming ALEMANHA (Germany!) At me in the street.... OOOPS. Looks like I am a little too German looking? So then we call Elder Hatch (our zone leader) and yell RUNNNN! HAHAHA. (He is the grandson of Senator Hatch and is WAY German looking.) They were dying laughing. Our ward mission leader told me I couldn't talk until I got in the house because of my accent. AKA I almost died last week. All because Brasil lost. HAHAHA. OH then we call the zone leaders again and I say- did someone kill Elder Hatch in the streets? Elder G. Ferreira says Not yet. HAHAHA. Dying. You had to be there.

In other news, we have water in our house again! WOOO! So we moved home after more than one week. all of our prayers start with, thank you for our house, and water, and food... Count your blessings up there. OH and we had a Festa Julinha in our ward and had tons of investigators there! And at church! It was awesome. Like none of them are married but we are working on that.

We knocked on this one guys door looking for his son. And he goes- oh he isn't here, who are you? So we start telling him about Joseph Smith, and how he restored Jesus Christ's church on the earth. And he goes- that's great... but tell me what do I have to do to be saved. (easy) have faith in Jesus Christ, repent, be baptized by someone having the authority of God, receive the gift of the holy ghost and endure to the end. He goes- then lets do it! HAHAH! I love Brazil. Their faith here is so strong. They are just ready for the Gospel. 

I know Jesus Christ lives and that he died for us. So what are we doing to make that sacrifice worth it?

Our new President sent out this talk and its sort of changed my life... soooo feel free to read this. You know, if you want to go to heaven. Just kidding.... sort of.

Amor, soldades, e orando para vocĂȘs,

Sister Haley Mills


No comments:

Post a Comment