Monday, April 7, 2014

pelo menos a bonita

 I love you all and I do have like 10 minutes, so here it goes! Its a good thing I prepared a list during conference in... wait for it..... ENGLISH! Best day(s) of my life actually!

-People ask me if I am Irish here. Like on the daily. Sometimes I just say yes... OOPS.
-The word for Red hair and the word for horrible sound a LITTLE too close for comfort. SUPES awk.
-I got my first Brazilian sickness. It took a week, I was as surprised as you probably are, I thought Id be down on day one! Because of this, I learned to say Diarrhea in Portuguese. Its my favorite word...All the other Americans were sick too, so dont worry Im not crazy.
-Half the world thinks I have the best Portuguese ever for only being here 2 weeks and the other half just stares at me blankly when I try to ask them to be baptized. Well, in their defense I forgot to make it a question and accidentally demanded it? No worries though, they accepted. Obviously. Oh and once people burst out laughing at the end. THAT was when I knew I was awesome.
-We got a call from the mission office that we are moving... tomorrow. And we have to take our fridge and everything with us... uhhh... who has a car?
-We have the best recent converts. And investigators actually. People here are so humble. We share the Restoration of the Gospel and they are just like- of course we still need Prophets, we had them in the Biblia, it just makes sense. LOOOOOVE.
-Conference was amazing. I loved the apostolic testimonies that were running wild. We are the children of a God. He is our father. He loves us. Get over your problems. HAAAA. 
I tried to guess the names of all the talks when they come out in the ensign (joke) (shout out Sister Helm) and for President Uchtdorfs I was like- even if you think your life is awful, jokes on you, it could be worse. Or my other favorite- you've only got 4 minutes to save the world.
-I also loved that Elder Eyring invited our investigators to be baptized.
-And that Elder Perry followed up. He is amazing.
Inline image 1
-I dont know if I told you about this, but one time I prayed for Charity and accidentally prayed for chastity. Not a joke.... we need it though riiiiight?
-We clap at peoples houses and then shout their name in a man voice. Sister Armstrong asked her companion if she wanted to hear how Americanas would do it and then straight up screams MARIAAAA! Hahaha.
-I love to say still cute though and I finally found out how to say it in Portuguese- pelo menos a bonita. At least she is beautiful? Nao sei.

Eu amo voces muito.

No comments:

Post a Comment