Monday, March 31, 2014

Work hard, play harder

So we get an hour to email here. Not kidding. Me emails are going to go downhill here I can feel already, mas, desculpnaodesculp. - I have the Brazillians saying that PS. Its hilarious.
So... IM IN BRAZILLL! WHAAA WHAAAA?!?!?
I feel like Im in a dream to be honest. Mainly because I dont understand anyone and Im thinking... this cant be real life. And also because I have a huge rash on my legs and like 12000 bites from perne longos (mosquitos) but I dont even care! Its not hot here also... I guess I missed summer. Okay thats a lie, sometimes its hot if we are walking up a steep hill for more than 10 minutes, but its actually sort of cold? Awkward. Like a humid cold. Who knew right?
So I made a huge list in my planner of things to tell you, but this morning Sister Armstrong and her companion (Sister Parreira) moved out, so we were supes busy and I forgot my planner. Soooo here it goes from memory! Hope I dont forget any highlights!
-We had a baptism already. Cristina. Good name right? We almost had two, but the other person failed the interview... uhh we are working on it.
-My companion was once white, but now is tan... AKA HOPE.
-Speaking of hope I already have tan lines....
-The language is coming along... sort of. I have an American companion, you get the jist.
-We take buses everywhere. And I dont even hate it.
-We see miracles all day everyday. Its like a different world down here.. Everyone we talk to lets us in. Then we are like... wow, we are awkwardly in your house... Hahaha.
-Everyone thinks we look alike (Sister Fuller and I obviously) we are convinced it is like the asian thing. They also think we look like Sister Armstrong, who has brown hair... so.... welcome to Brazil?!
-The shower is just like... with the toilet. And then you squeegie all the water around. Or like us- you have a dip in the floor that holds it all hostage and you slip around on water all morning.
-People are impressed with my Portuguese for how short of time I have been here, but that doesnt mean anything because half the time I just pretend to understand them? Then lean over to Sister Fuller and say... que?
-My second full day was Zone Conference. I started crying during lunch. Not kidding. It was like watching a 10 hour foreign film. Wish I was kidding. I fell asleep, to the sound of Presidente Martins Rio sotaque. I think he appreciated it; Sister Armstrong and I were mentioned like every 5 minutes, so we would both jolt awake to listen. Everyone knew. Com certeza.
-I accidentally said fart instead of lost durante a lesson... AWKWARD.

Anyway, I have to go, mas, eu amo voces muito. Eu estou muito animada para a nova sobrinha. AKA A NEW NIECE WHAAA?!?! Congrats. And thank Dal for seeing Vmars for me. And you tambem. I knew I would like the movies.
TCHAUUU
Cheerful flexibility as Pres. Mecham used to say.
LOVE YOU ALL MUITO!
SISTER MILLS

No comments:

Post a Comment