Monday, September 16, 2013

Missionary Work, What's That?



They should call it missionary play? Because - when done correctly it is - FUN. (How cheesy am I getting? Let's get real.)

So today is transfers... Just kidding. It really is transfers, but Sister Helm and I escaped them! Hollaaa! Cody is ours for the taking! Although to be fair we both got transferred here in the middle of a transfer so we deserve more time riiiight? Plus I could get my VISA any day now. I'm to the point where I just love it here and don't want to leave. Everyone says that's when the VISA comes. I'm starting to panic about teaching in Portuguese, English is just so EASYYYY. I KNOW English. Hahaha. Oh well.

So now that I know I am staying with Sister Helm I can tell you guys what I've been living with for the past 3 weeks. This girl. So I am making myself something for lunch (and usually we have appointments or Bro.McDougall force feeds us so this never happens) and Sister Helm starts talking about how bad she wants French Toast. I tell her to stop whining (but sooo super nice like a missionary should) and make some! So she goes- well what's in French Toast? I'm like- bread, eggs, and milk. So about five minutes later I walk over to the stove and see her mixing this huge mass of like... 1 egg to 4 cups of milk. In a pan. That isn't hot yet. And then she goes- when do I put the bread in? HAHAHAHAHA. At least she is an amazing missionary. We'll work on the cooking.

Speaking of I LOVED THE PACKAGE! Holy cow you should have seen me running around the living room holding that bag of cookies! You guys are seriously the best. And the cookies are too. Would you send me your pumpkin bread recipe momma so I can make bread for all the people we serve? They would love it! …AND the Bowler cookie recipe too. Obrigada.

Also- Sister Helm was browsing through our "Lehi Monument" and saw that Thomas Godfrey is in her mission! Kentucky for the win - apparently? She was like ask if he's ever served in Corbin? (She's from a small town in the South-East part. Although she doesn't think it is small...)

So I am running out of time (we have zone P-day today and no time to do anything) buuuut I will tell my favorite story of the week. We get out of a dinner appointment a little late and, trying to be as obedient as possible, BOOK it out of there when we get the chance. Well, we get out, and Sister Helm announces she has to go to the bathroom with a VENGENCE. So we decide to go to some members on the street so she can use their restroom. NO ONE IS HOME. Not a single person of like... 100000. But really like 5. Still it is a Tuesday night what could they be doing?! Anyway, I finally say to Sister Helm- The Lord wants us to visit someone. Who is it? And I look down at the ward list and there is one last family who lives in the last house on the street. And has been inactive for 25 years. I had visited them before and they were NOT super friendly. I'm like fiiiiine. So we go knock on their door. They let us in and I talk to the wife, Kathy, for 3 hours and make the most headway anyone has... ever. She told me she knew she needed to come back, but she was just offended and God knows where her heart is. I told her he did know, and it wasn't where it should be. A little tough love is what she needed. It just testifies to me that the Lord knows whose hearts are softened. The Lord knows each one of us. And he knew she needed us at that time and he made Sister Helm have to go to the bathroom and no one else be home? HAHAHA. But there is no such thing as coincidence and I am convinced more and more of that every day.

I love you and miss you MUITO!

Keep up the good work and prayers, Let Katie (Wagner) know she is in my prayers! .

Sister Haley Mills 

Sisters Mills and Helm with their neighbors Elk

Sister Mills remembers 9/11

No comments:

Post a Comment