Monday, September 23, 2013

A Little More Haley...



I'm not sure what to even name this week.  We'll start with Doctors trips. (we took three).

So I've been feeling sick for about 4 weeks, but we'll start with Sister Helm, who started feeling sick this last weekend. We both went to bed at 9:30 and woke up at 10:00 on Sunday and were almost late for church! AWKWARD! We brushed it off to the members like we were busy doing missionary activities, of course, but secretly we were both DYING and I was totally off my game and I'm pretty sure offended a member (which SUPES surprise, I hadn't done yet!). So Sister Helm had this monster ear-ache and asks me if I could try to clean out her ears. We go to the Walgreens on the corner (on Monday, who do you think we are, sinners?) and get some supplies and I spend Monday night after we come home trying to drain her ears (with all my practice as a doctor under my belt to help, obviously). AKA we could have been hurting or helping her, we weren't sure. We had our member GOOGLE different ways, it was QUITE the night. So finally we broke down on Tuesday and went to the Doctor and guess what? She had an ear infection! So he cleared it right up and started her on some antibiotics. Problem solved.

Well this quick fix inspired me to call mission medical and finally admit that my stomach had been KILLING me for 4 weeks, and I didn't call because I didn't want it to stop me from going to Brazil. Elder Diem (mission med) talked through my symptoms and was stumped so he sent me to the doctor! Shout out to Bro. Peters for seeing us errry day this week! Hahaha. But, we show up, and I start joking with his nurse about her praying for us to come again, and she was laughing so hard she couldn't do anything for like 5 minutes. The good news is I must have gotten my grove back? Anyway, they did some blood tests and we'll know next week, but don't be surprised if I say I'm fine- go to Brazil- and come home with a baby dragon in my stomach? I'm not above that.

In other news, we DID get missionary work done this week. We got DROPPED by our favorite investigator and it was so sad! Jerri said she was too stressed out trying to quit coffee and tea and couldn't do the "mormon" thing. It STINKS because she totally knows the church is true, and has been off coffee and tea for 2 WEEKS! She kept telling us she wasn't addicted, but now she is saying her head-aches are unbearable. I'm hoping she comes to her senses, but when we prayed about it we just got this feeling to let her go, so I guess everything will work out how it should. She still has her agency after all!

In other GOOD news, we have a new investigator! Michael! Michael's wife is in-active, but was converted in Michigan like 5 years ago. She still believes the church is true, but her hubs was super against it. WELL then he met me! BESTIES! During her prayer at the end of our lesson she goes- "thank you for sending the sisters to soften my husband's heart. Please help them come over and do puzzles more often." So obviously we are in! Hahaha. He has already read to 4th Nephi and just really hated the Elders in Michigan, soooo we're working on that.  

Sorry our week sounds pretty lame! It wasn't, but some missionary moments just stay here you know? Mostly the ones involving sketch homeless men and bathrooms.  Don't worry about me, I've got the Lord on my side!

LOVE YOU/MISS YOU!

Sister Mills

No comments:

Post a Comment