Monday, August 25, 2014

WOOHOO KISS ON THE LIPS!

So lets start off this week with the best news ever.

I got kissed.

An open mouth kiss from a drunk woman in the street.

Just... your welcome.

So in real news, I'm in Happy Harbor! Or in good ol' Portuguese - PORTO FELIZ! Thats right, 5 months later I finally moved and OH was it time. I loved Santana de Parnaíba, but now I have a new challenge! My new companion is Sister Conley from Nevada City, California and she has been here in Brasil for only 3 months, BUT has the same time in the mission as me! AKA we are a party!  And by party I mean she is like an obedient diligent robot who I LOVE. She visa waited in Eugene Oregon, so we have some great freezing to death stories to share. Which is perfect because OH MY GOODNESS it is HOT than inferno here! 

Our mission is split into two halves (teams) The winners (wherever I am) and... JUST KIDDING. The interior and the capital. So everyone always wants to serve in the capital because it has Walmart, temple trips, and well... people? So I WAS there and now I've been banished to the interior of São Paulo! And as it turns out it is SO HOT here! It was freezing in the capital! I already have tan lines from like 4 days here! We have a baby ramo here that hasn't really had any baptisms in years, BUT the good news is that we already have HUGE plans here and people to bring to the truth!

The first is Maria Eduarda! She has 15 years... I mean she is 15. Awkward. And she will get baptized this week! We asked her why she wants to be baptized and she said- I want to be clean and follow Christs example. If that isnt the cutest thing you've ever heard... youre cray. So when I arrived she was a little scared off by the church because the sisters tried to baptize her in a week, but I made some jokes about how we just want everyone to be happy with us and she accepted a date to be baptized this week! WOOOO! Then in church the President said- and we have a baptism this week, the name of the young woman is Duda. Stand up! HAHAHA. I pat her on the back and say- DESCULPA, how embarrassing! MAS, desculpnãodesculp, she will help this branch so much! I know that this church is true, and that its Gods will for it to grow!

Buttt other than that we walked. A LOT. I've never worked so hard in my life. And im new blood here so the bug bites will start to die off here in the next few weeks! As it turns out white skin is their favorite flavor? 

TE AMO! Saudades de vocês!
Sister Haley Mills

PS tell Jade to come OUTTTT she has to be fun before I get home!
 
Sisters Mills and Mayorga
 

No comments:

Post a Comment