Monday, August 11, 2014

A whole bunch of random

Oiiii gente!

I'm so glad Leslie (Clouse) was so inspirational because honestly it is SO hard to give talks these days. You see miracle after miracle and your like... I don't even know which one to focus on! God loves us! WOOO!

I am INCREDIBLY happy I already have my bachelors as well! I was thinking the other day about what a blessing it is, to be one of the only missionaries who isn't worried thinking about their life back home all the time. Everyone is always trying to figure out what they will do when they return and I'm just over here like- I've got one thing done! WOO! Andrew will finish up soon I am sure! Just having a bachelors will help him so much, he could really work anywhere, just saying that he speaks English and Spanish fluently! AND has a degree!
 
So I was a good little girl this week and made a list of things to tell y'all!

Starting with walking. HAHA. Sooo the other day after district meeting, our district leader was like... do you have almoƧo? noooo. Do the other sisters have lunch? nooo. zone leaders? no. sooo why don't we all go to a restaurant? PERFECT. We start walking. After about 20 minutes we ask- how far away is this restaurant? The elders- uhhh mais o menos 20 minutos. Perfect right? So we are walking.... walking... how long? Ummm 20 minutes. But you guys walk slow. SO we arrive there after an hour. Which for us is not that long of time walking these days. BUT then the elders suggest that we can just walk to our area because it is the same distance and we end up walking 8 kilometers and MORE THAN 2 HOURS LATER.... Hahaha. We were all dying laughing the whole time. Afterwards I thought- man... the bus only costs 3 reais. WORTH IT. So what we learned this week is- DON'T TRUST ELDERS. Just kidding. But not.

We have a member that was telling us about her marriage plans for December and how she is going to invite me to her wedding because it will be after I go home. So we are leaving her house and I hear something about an invite for the wedding and I scream out "QUERO!" buuuut then my companion tells me that she was talking about her 40 year old brother she wants me to marry.... AWKWARD. She changed topics...

The other day we were making contacts in the street. And this one woman was in a hurry you know. And she yells out as she passes, "outro dia eu vou parar." Another day I will stop. And I starting thinking about that one song Dad loves- "when you comin' home, I don't know when, but we´ll get together then!" How often do we think- I'll fulfill my callings tomorrow. I'll visit someone who needs me tomorrow. I'll read my scriptures tomorrow. What we do TODAY is what determines where we will be tomorrow. If we leave the day of our repentance until tomorrow, tomorrow may never come. We need to live in the moment of action. Not only today will I be nourished by the good word of the Lord, but NOW. 

This week we had a fireside for all the youth about going on missions. I get up there to bear my testimony and everyone just starts bawling with me. I started to realize how short my time is here. I go home in 4 months... when did this happen? Every moment counts. Every second. Every person. Vamos trabalhar. 

Speaking of people, I cant remember if I told you about Denner. But he is our favorite less active. He works in this photo shop the old stake president owns and I am not kidding you, we visit every day. They give us money for our lunches, or we need to use the phone, or we want to print pictures, or talk to a member of the family about an investigator. So one day I gave Denner a scripture to read and ever since we have been passing and reading scriptures with him everyday.  He´s 25 and going through a divorce, and has been less active now for 7 years. And wait for it... HE WENT TO CHURCH YESTERDAY!!! Our whole ward was freaking out! Never mind that I said he HAD to come or I would be transferred this week, but he WENT! And he said he will never leave again. We had all these investigators at church and I here I was FREAKING out about Denner! HA! 

And speaking of transfers, I think I might stay here forever. I talked to President yesterday for 40 minutes and he was like... how the HECK do you know so much about this stake? So... I'm pretty sure I'm never going to move. But its okay because I LOVE IT HERE and the other sisters are probably going to move innn! WOOO! Party house! ... I mean missionary house!

Love you and miss you a ton!

Sister Haley Mills!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment