Monday, December 2, 2013

The Fruits of our Labor

This week was amazing. I don't know how it got so turned around but I am thankful fo DAYS. We got a mormon.org referral. (Those never work out). And so Sister Armknecht is STOKED like... WE ARE GOING TO MEET HIM AND HAVE HIM BAPTIZED IN 3 WEEKS. So I try to dampen her spirits with a couple of mormon.org failure stories- involving punk teenagers and some illegal drugs- before we meet up with this guy, so she doesn't cry or something when it was his friends playing a joke on him. We show up and guess what? He AGREED to be baptized in 3 weeks! Holy cow he is amazing. We teach him about the priesthood and he goes- well that makes sense, like Melchizedek in the Bible? Then he shows up to all three hours of church and participates in the lesson about the "scattering of Israel." He goes- WOW. The Mormon church is the gathering isn't it? Then he sends the whole class on a little scripture chase of all these references on it. THEN we asked him to read like 6 chapters and he goes- I read them all (in one day) and the one that really touched me was the one where my faith is a seed. So I need to plant it. HAAAA! Golden!!! So he is on date for December 21st and Sister Armknecht is glowing. She keeps making fun of me for doubting, but the last one I got the man wouldn't even talk to us!

I'm happy everyone missed me... uhhh... I mean had a good time over Thanksgiving! We went to a member's house who held us hostage to play BINGO for prizes? It was the best. Also, I think we should start that tradition? Presents on Thanksgiving. AND 15 rolls for me. The gifts that keep giving. Like a washer and dryer?! Holy cow I hope they realize how amazing you are! I am so thankful for all the hard work you put into raising Andrew and I and the hard work you continue to put into maintaining relationships with us! You are my favorite parents! Like how I am your favorite daughter? LOVE YOU.

Update on Desiree (my little miracle from the 4th ward a couple of weeks ago.) She is still on date for December 7th. She wants me to sing at her baptism? With Sister Gold... I hope. The spirit must really make my voice sound better than it is because people here love it when I sing? One woman started to cry when Sister Armknecht and I sang "Let the Holy Spirit Guide." Not kidding. 

It's amazing to see so much happening here that I got to be a part of! We talk a ton out here about being "successful" missionaries. Success is measured on our commitment to teach, not our results when we do. That's why seeing the "Fruits of our Labor" is so amazing. Sometimes you just need that little boost when you get to see the difference you have made in peoples' lives! We had another investigator on date for December 21st "Laurie" , but she got scared and called it off. She has been investigating for 22 months. She knows it's true. And with a little faith and fasting I know we can help her to take this great step towards living with her Father in Heaven again.

Eu te amo. MUITO. Sento suas faltas.
Tchau tchau por agora!

SISTER HALEY K. MILLS

PS I am going to buy some winter stuff today. I can't survive on only cardigans and nylons anymore!
 
Sisters Mills and Gold

Sisters Armknecht and Mills and a llama
 

No comments:

Post a Comment