Monday, December 16, 2013

Planning Pie

It was a fabulous week really. We had 3 people on date to be baptized, then 2, then 1, then 2 again, then we were dropped by the 3rd, but now he is back on, but without a date. Woooh. Breath needed. But really it was a fabulous week and it all stems from "planning pie." 

The week of Thanksgiving Sister Armknecht and I were in Walmart and found this Dutch Apple Pie that had NO DAIRY! I was stoked obviously! I spent the next week gaining 500 pounds eating pie everyday during planning (when we get home at night.) The next week we run to Walmart only to find out they don't have it anymore! MUCH to my dismay I came to believe "planning pie" was a thing of the past. As you can guess- it wasn't! We get to our dinner appointment last Tuesday and they bring out this pie they bought for me - "It's DAIRY FREE!" So they send it home with us on our merry little way and I am happy as a Lark. Then we get to our dinner appointment on Wednesday and they bring out this pie they bought for me! GUESS WHAT? PLANNING PIE! They were out of planning pie at Walmart because all of our dinners had bought me planning pie! It's the tender mercies that make it all worth it! So... now I might weigh 500 pounds? Disregard the pictures where I actually look only a LITTLE chunks, that is an illusion. But for reals, can you say blessings of serving a mission for the Lord?! 

This week Sister Armknecht and I had a "WOW" experience (credit: Rory (niece). So glad she has such a great fave word these days!). We were setting our goals for baptisms. We both felt like 2 in the month of January was the goal. Soooo we call the Zone Leaders and report our goals and they both get super deflated. "FAITH sisters! Where is the FAITH?!" Alright fine, we will pray about it again, but our answer was 2. I can promise that. SO we pray about it... probably for the next hour. Both of us are wanting a higher number, but we just can't find one we like. I start to joke that maybe we aren't going high enough? 12? 15? 27? So finally I say, "Heavenly Father, We WANT more baptisms this month, can we get more than 2?" So I start talking to Sister Armknecht and she goes- you know, nothing else is feeling right. I say- what about 5? She goes... YES! So then I tell her the impression I had just had that we COULD get 5. Heavenly Father was GOING to give us 2, but I was impressed that we could get 5, but we have to redouble our efforts. Work harder, work longer, work more efficiently. So we called the Zone Leaders back and told them we "wrestled with God in Almighty Prayer." HAHAHA. But seriously. Heavenly Father hears our prayers. He cares about everything WE care about, simply because we care about it. And he answers our prayers if we only listen, of that I am sure.

I will also tell you about our favorite people we met this week. The "After Buffalos." We knock on the door and the Dad asks, "Hey, what's happening, what's up?" Like 3 times. Sister Armknecht and I say... nothing much every time. So finally he goes, ALRIGHT I know why you are here. I am inactive. There is no two ways around it. HAHAHA. We died. Then he proceeds to tell us that his daughter has been wanting to come to church and be baptized and asked if we could arrange a ride for her. AKA he is staying inactive? We are working on it.

Well, I can't believe there are so many missionaries out from our ward! I am so proud to be a member of the "Monument Army" ??? 
 
Well, I love you! Miss you!

Sister Haley K. Mills

And in honor of Elder Wilson (from my MTC district who got his VISA this week) "STAY GUCCI" (And Sister Evans did too!)
 
Missoula, Montana Sisters Mills, Beckstrand, and Armknecht
 

No comments:

Post a Comment