Monday, December 9, 2013

Negative Eleven

That's the temperature. I wish I was kidding. The worst part is, we've gotten used to it. Did you know that when you walk on snow after -20 it sound like burnt popcorn? And that if you run out to the car without putting on your gloves you get these purple rashes on the backs of your hands and they start to bleed? AND when you get out of the car your shoes melt into the snow and you get stuck and trip in front of strangers?
I do. Now.

I've got to say though, things here are pretty plush. I was so concerned about this area at first. I'll admit. I was in the "red zone" for a while. BUUUT the Lord has been POURING OUT HIS BLESSINGS on this area. We got 5 new investigators this week. We should have 3 baptisms in December. AND I got to see an investigator of mine get BAPTIZED! Best feeling in the world! Desiree. Do you remember 3 weeks ago when we met the most GOLDEN investigator of all times? Well she got baptized on December 7th. AND SURPRISE I did a special musical number and played the piano? I'm not sure what is happening out here... HAHAHA. But seriously it was so amazing to watch Desiree learn and grow in the gospel. She has such a solid testimony and I was SO blessed to be a part of it! Although I got transferred out of the area, I was still close enough to participate in her baptism! 

Speaking of transfers.... I'M STAYING! And so is Sister Armknecht! The whole rest of the District got shaken up, but we are here to stay. Thank goodness. This area can't stop. Won't stop.

Uhh I'm sure tons of other great things have happened, but life is a little bit of a whirlwind! Or should I say blizzard?

AAAAANYWAY. 

I love you muito! 

I miss you muito! 

AND stop complaining about 40 degrees!

Sister Haley K. Mills
 
Sisters Armknecht and Mills

Sisters Mills and Gold with Desiree and her family
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment