Monday, November 25, 2013

Uhhh...

Words are eluding me as I try to describe the last week of my life.

The phrase "ups and downs" would be appropriate I think. 

We'll start with the Institute. WE SAVED IT! We doubled the enrollment in the Thursday night class and the Friday day class (their only two classes) and so... the building stays! You are right about that assignment being tailor made for me. I have never in my life felt the spirit so strong and felt so inspired in my every footstep. As we worked on the institute we randomly fell into teaching situations where people were SO READY to hear The Gospel. 

One of those people was a married woman in her late 20's named "Desiree." She has been going through a lot lately with her husband having some addiction issues (some is an understatement) and pretty much having to raise her kids alone. She keeps telling us she never thought she would be in this situation, but that she KNEW once it happened that something had to give. Well her husband's aunt has been a member of "our church" for 50 years and suggested they start coming. So. On their own. Her and her husband have started attending one of the wards. Well we happen to be at church the 3rd Sunday they attended and none of the missionaries had met them or set up a time to meet with them yet. We met with Desiree on Wednesday of this last week and taught her about the Restoration of the Gospel. She immediately says, "Well God spoke to Moses, so why wouldn't he speak to any other Prophet?" FOR REALS. Golden. So we extend the baptismal invite and her baptism is set for the 7th of December. We went back and taught about God's Plan for us on Friday and she just SOAKED IT UP. She started tearing up when we talked about the resurrection and how we can one day be perfected. 

STOKED.

My first baptism that I will finally get to teach all the way through and see right? 

FALSE.

The Lord has bigger plans for us, and though we don't always understand- we always receive a witness after the trial of our faith.

So President comes to do interviews (I had one last Tuesday so I was just waiting for Sister Gold to get hers). When President was done interviewing everyone he shakes my hand and goes- "Did you hear?" 

.... hear what?

He pulls me into a room and tells me he is SO PROUD of me and sees so much maturity in me since I've been back (probably because I'm not fighting stomach pains every second of every day). He wants me to finish a Sister's training and sort of... liven up an area. Sister Gold told me later, during their interview he looks at her and just starts laughing. He got an impression that I should go help this area he had been worried about. Then he tells Sister Gold it is because I "get stuff done." 

PRESSSSURE.

So I pack my bags and head over to Missoula 3rd ward. I am with Sister Armknecht (arm-connect) (let the jokes commence). The area is what I consider a... fixer-upper, but I love the people already. Since I've been here (for a day and a half) we have found 2 new people to teach, and I can see the potential of the area. The current struggle is we are out of miles. I know that the Lord will provide a way for this area to progress. I know that the Lord has prepared people to hear The Gospel here, I just hope those people live within walking distance?

Also, stop with the weather jokes, it is 25 degrees today. I'm also not wearing a jacket? 

So glad to hear that Aaron and Chelli and Jess are having a good time. Where are Aaron and Chelli staying? Tell everyone I love them. Especially the whole Thanksgiving crew! I'll pray for sun-sun-sun over there! 

Love and miss you so much!
Sister Haley Kristina Mills

No comments:

Post a Comment