Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Back and better than ever

HEYYY!

So I'm back! And holy cow did I miss it. Not the weather though... we can definitely count that out. It's been snowing for days here in Missoula and I am freezing like a little fritter. (I will buy a coat if I really need too, but I'm going to try to hold out for as long as I can, coats are expensive!) But really. I love Missoula. I love my assignment too. Being the Sisters over the institute is so amazing because we get to pick and chose lessons we teach and we get to share two wards with the Zone Leaders, it's sort of EPIC.

Our assignment is to save the institute building here. Although President hates that term, I don't know what else to say. We enroll more than 50 people by Friday- we get to keep it. We don't- well... let's just say the world might end. It is the most unique missionary work I have ever participated in. It is the work of salvation, just a different work of salvation, you know? 

My companion is Sister Jordan Gold. She is from Jacksonville, Florida! She is sort of quiet, but then also not? I can't even describe her really. She is a sass. That's all you need to know! We are hoping after this assignment is done we will get to stay here, but we aren't sure, so I would send all the mail through the mission office for now!

Now for the miracles of the week. We went from 28 people enrolled in institute to 36 in our first 3 days. We taught a lesson for the Elders our first night here and got them a solid new investigator. There was a family that started showing up to church by themselves and now they want to get baptized. It seems as though the more we try to focus on institute the more people we accidentally find to teach. I know this is God's work, and that he is sending us those who are prepared to hear his word. What a wonderful blessing it is to be a part of. 

I love you so much, and miss you already!
Sister Haley K. Mills


No comments:

Post a Comment