Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Week 4...

Querido todo mundo! 
 
So.... the jokes on us. If a companionship is about to go teach a 
lesson we all say, "Boa Sorte!" If someone is about to go to the 
medico we all say, "Boa Sorte!" If Irmao McGill is going on a trip to 
Montana with his family we all say "Boa Sorte!" But it turns out.... 
Good luck is a bad thing in Brazil? Our native substitute Irmao Godoy 
finally broke down and told us about what I am sure is the biggest 
joke of all time played by the teachers here! Ha! Good luck is what 
you say when you are about to do something impossible. Like... good 
luck on that math test you didn't study for, or apparently good luck 
on converting people to the gospel!!! According to Irmao Godoy they 
say - good whatever the activity is, if they have faith in you. 
Liiiike "bon licao" (good lesson), or "boa weight loss?" DYING. Do you 
feel duped here? Because we did. 
 
Anyway, nothing supaz exciting happened this week. They are all 
starting to run together. We only have like 2 weeks left and it's 
getting nerve wracking. Our reassignments are set to come next Friday, 
so I'll keep you updated on that. I was really okay with getting 
reassigned til all of the sudden this week I panicked. Teaching in 
Portuguese is hard enough, can you imagine me in the bible belt? 
That's where they have been sending everyone. I'm terrified. AND I'm 
going to lose what Portuguese I have. But the Lord knows me. He set 
things up as they need to be and I will be okay with that. Sometimes I 
want to control my life and then I remember. I have a heavenly father 
who is all knowing. WAY better idea to let him call the shots. I defer 
to the expert when I can you know? 


I'm not going to lie. This week has been tough at times. I just keep 
thinking, where was I before this? I love this gospel. I knew that 
before, I know that even more now. What is that country song, I 
thought I loved you then? It's impossible for us mere mortals to 
comprehend the enormity of what is happening here, but we are not all 
created equal. We had our personalities before this life. We were 
chosen for specific things in this life. We promised people we would 
find them and give them the gospel. We were given tasks. We fought for 
this gospel, some harder than others. We were righteous souls. We came 
here to earth. We are here crescer (to grow) and progredir (to 
progress). If we aren't doing that then we have lost the eternal 
perspective. 
 
I love you all. I love you momma. I love you daddy. I love you Andrew, 
Ali, and Rore. 
 
TCHAU. 
 
Sister Mills 
 
PS sorry I wasn't that funny this week? I wrote Aunt Heidi and it 
sucked all my funny out? 
 
PPS we have added dance moves to our Cotton-mills jingle. You'd love 
it! It's so inspirational. 

No comments:

Post a Comment