Tuesday, August 6, 2013

1 more week at the MTC



I am getting my reassignment on Friday (in the event that I don't get my VISA in the next 2 days... which, let me level with you for a minute, is pretty likely. No one in my district has gotten one, and every other district has had a sudden burst. You could say we are requiring extra faith.)



One of the Sister Training Leader (AKA Zone Leader for women?), Sister Tilman, was reassigned last Friday too...... SCOTTSDALE, AZ! No joke I almost died. I gave her mom's cell and told her if she happens to ever be around Coronado High School area she should call her up. She is seriously so awesome and I figure you could mine her for some info on me. Which is... let's be real... why you talk to anyone.



Tell Sister DePaula I say OIIII! And tell her if she prayed harder MAYBE I would already be there? But really. Keep praying people. I can feel it coming! 



Also, I'm glad everyone liked the newsletter. I still haven't gotten one, but it's good to know I'm not a total embarrassment to you!



How are Andrew/Ali/and that cute BABE?! I keep meaning to write them and then I think, what do I have to say other than Andrew I have SOOO much more respect for you. Spiritual prison is... well... prison. Good for him. Also, how is his new job?! Depending on when I fly out they'll be able to make the phone call? Or I can call him real fast and leave a touching message he replays for the next year and a half?



Send me the anniversary (photo) book! That would actually be really cool! Everyone asks to see pictures of everyone all the time, and when you can't jump on Fbook to show them, a book is the next best option? Maybe you should send your set of encylopedias as well. Not having GOOGLE is killing us all. We debate things and then we just have to believe whoever fights the hardest. That must've been how it was in the old days yes?



ALSO, thank you SO MUCH FOR THE COOKIES! They seriously made my whole life. Life made. Who knew that's all I needed to be happy? Everyone makes fun of me because apparently I "act like a ginger when I get hungry?" Interpret that as you will, but I'm almost positive they mean Christlike. 



When Irmao Read left us, we got.... IRMAO SMITH! He has his masters in Portuguese sentence structure... Like... what? He also speaks Spanish AND claims to have been the worst in his class learning Portuguese before the mission. He said learning Spanish was so easy though after Portuguese. And he is currently working on French? THEN Irmao McGill is out of town again so we have Irmao Godoy (the native). It's hilarious. And it makes us learn so much more because they are both trying to teach us things before the other can "ruin" us. Apparently 3 weeks ago they ran into each other on the streets of RIO and we envision it looking something like West Side Story? It's fiiiine. Also, Irmao Godoy's father gave a talk in General Conference in 2008 called "Testimony a Process" (I think) and THAT'S our teachers papa! It's an amazing talk and he worked on it forever so go take a look.



I know that Jesus Christ died for us. I know that through him we can be clean and return to live with our heavenly father. I know we have been sent here so that we can grow and progress, and there will be trials in order to do that, but I know that he will provide a way for us to accomplish the things which he has commanded us. I've been reading 1 Nephi in my Portuguese study and I've gained a new appreciation for it. When you fight to understand every word it really makes you realize what he had to go through. But I know that if we follow the Lord's commandments we will be blessed and can return to live with him forever. 



BOM DIA!  Eu amo voces! 



Irma Mills

Sisters Hauet, Mills, Cotton and White. 
Elders Wilson, Carney, McLaughlin, Turk, Fraizer and Thomas. 
Irmao Read. 
Haley's MTC District


No comments:

Post a Comment