Tuesday, October 7, 2014

QUE ECKA!

Im a total noob and was SO excited to go to the temple in Campinas today that I left my planner AND my temple recommend in our hotel... AWKWARD...

Buuut I will do my best to tell you about the most thrilling week of missionary work ever.

Oh did I say missionary work? I meant to say BARATAS. I know, you were thinking I would be all fluffy like the resto do mundo and talk about conference and everything uplifting and wonderful that happened this week. And I will. But it all starts with BARATAS. AKA cockroaches? 

Sooo as it turns out we have an eternal family of cockroaches living in our walls? Like... I hope they are sealed eternally because we had to kill 49 of them (and one beetle) when they decided to make a synchronized attack this week. QUE ECKA!

So im taking a shower suuupes happy that last week was transfers so we dont have to wake up with the roosters for district meeting. I turn off the shower, put on clothes, put my towel on my head, aaaaand COCKROACHES start a synchronized bomber attack! We had to count the dead, because when we called the office they thought we were exaggerating. So as it turns out there is a huge cave under our shower and they made themselves a home there. Oh and any day our shower could have collapsed and we would have been seriously injured? AND/OR died. I imagine it like the tv shows were a herd of ants carry a giant, stake them to the ground with miniature ropes and what not. That could have happened to us!!! 

BUT, thanks to my "the squeeky wheel gets the grease" theory. After calling the Presidents wife, we are in a hotel AND they are making us a brand new bathroom! AND WE DIDNT DIE! Can you say BLESSSSSINGS?!

Speaking of blessings. ELDER GODOY! What a grande benção. General Conference! But fo´reals. I have SO much more respect for the rest of the world these days because it turns out the live translations to other languages are HORRIBLE. They talk SUPER fast or SUPER slow, with weird accents and you can see President Holland up there pulpit pounding and crying about ofertas de jejum?!? And you are just like... how is this happening?! Our guy is speaking in a monotone voice and missing every 4th word of what he is saying! SOOO props to the rest of the world. And props to #genconf for doing something amazing and letting Elder Godoy speak to us in Portuguese! Everyone after was like WOW he is an amazing speaker! I had to cry a little in my english speaking heart that I missed everyone else that spoke in the same respect. But im proud to be a brazillian (adopted. Desculpnãodesculp) and rough it trying to imagine why elder holland was talking about fasting with tears in his eyes!

Other than that, our 3 baptisms planned for this week are on the fritz, they remind me a little of the "Hot and Cold" song by Katy Perry. Oh well. We are trying. And after watching conference I always gain a little more testimony to try a little harder. I loved there words on personal testimonies, families, and our loving prophet. I hope you all watched it, BUUUT if you didnt get a chance, check out Elder Godoys talk, and get someone to translate it for you REAL GOOD. 

Are you worthy of the blessings you want to recieve?

Get on it.

Love yáll so much, and next week you are gonna get a reeeeal cute picture of more than 50 cockroaches (the kill count up-ed after lunch.)
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment