Tuesday, February 25, 2014

...therefore what?

Still here in Montana.

This week has been... testimony building. To say the least. I was sick (whaaa? You aren't surprised?)  The good news is I had a flu. Meaning it wasn't some crazy random sickness. And I am not going insane. I was on the phone with one of the Zone Leaders and he goes- "well have you been eating sugar?" I look down at my third dairy free ice cream bar and slowly put it behind my back... "nooo...yes?" "Well sugar feeds a sickness!" Whoooops. Fruity Pebbles for breakfast everyday is probably a bad idea then???

The better news is I feel WAY better and to kick off my improved health the whole zone went snowshoeing all day yesterday! In Glacier Park... in the negatives.... don't worry, we prayed I wouldn't relapse.

After snowshoeing we went to the Shaws (senior couple) and had a devotional. It was so cute. Reminded me a little of home. Not often do we take some "us time" and regroup. Holy cow did I need it though. BAAAAD. My companion has started a public (aka the whole ward even knows?) counting down until transfers. In case you were wondering... EIGHT DAYS. We can do it right? If I can survive this companionship I literally can survive anything. (Famous last words) I've just been practicing all of my Christ-like attributes, that's the only thing I CAN do. And I pray for her like... all day errr day. And I am NEVER praying for patience again. Everyone only has to learn that lesson once!

So I know this week is sounding lack luster- but let me tell you about our favorite investigator "Trevor." He is SOOO prepared. I don't know if I mentioned him last week, but he just gets it. We talked to him about the fact that we lived with our Father in Heaven before we came here and he just jumped on that. He was like- well I'd never thought of where we came from, but it only makes sense, since we all believe we "return there." 

Then... we addressed some concerns he had with the age of the Book of Mormon. Which turns out lots of people are concerned? Who knew? He thought Joseph Smith wrote it in the 1800s. We cleared it up for him that it was a record of ancient peoples and prophets JUST LIKE THE BIBLE. His mind was blown. Obviously. {And fyi- I just taught the whole first lesson to the guy sitting next to me who thought the same thing apparently? So sorry if this message is a little disjointed, DUTY CALLS.}

We also go to the addiction recovery program every Tuesday night (which turns out I LOVE! I don't even know what I'm addicted too [food? whaaa?], but it is just so inspiring! I leave there going- WE CAN DO IT! THE WORLD IS OUR OYSTER) anywayyyy, we ran into a less active family who had been ignoring our attempts to stop by. WELL they apparently were just as stoked as I, for they invited us over! We are now teaching them and their son (who is not a member) every Thursday. I love it when people have a desire to change and just want our help!

"...therefore what?" - President Mecham says that all the time. What have you learned lately? ...therefore what? What are you going to do with it. The principles of the gospel are meant to be lived, not just talked about. I invite you this Sunday after your lessons to ask yourself the question ...therefore WHAT?! It'll change your life. 

You're welcome in advance. 

I love you and miss you! 

Sister Haley K. Mills
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment